Sunday, January 26, 2020

Pride & Prejudice

 When your friends start a book club and you have to be the first to choose a book, you might choose Pride and Prejudice. My brother bought me this particular edition for Christmas, and I enjoyed reading it again. Although it takes a little longer to read the text, I appreciate the rich language and conversations throughout the book.

Life was so different in 1800s; different roles, different expectations, and different lifestyles. What always gets me about this lifestyle is how quickly people fell in love and decided to get married. Today we think about how long you should date someone before getting married, with a minimum of knowing people around 6-9 months before being serious. Back in the 1800s, you could meet someone and be engaged within weeks or months.

I'm not sure what I'm going to talk about during the book club talk, but I need to come up with something. :) As always, I would recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment