Thursday, January 2, 2020

Waiting on God - Andrew Murray

This book was on a recommended list somewhere, little did I realize it had been sitting in my Kindle App for a bit. A devotional for 31 days, examining various ways to wait on God. Through scripture, hymns, and his insights, readers are challenged to look at their desire to wait on God. 

To be truthful, I did not read this as slowly and reflecting as I should have. I need to take apart my desire to finish a book, for the desire to learn and grow from the reading, especially books that are intended to grow my spiritual life. I did retain a couple of important thoughts, such as; "A holy, joyful expectancy is of the very essence of true waiting." For the next book that challenges, I need to be more reflective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment