Thursday, January 2, 2020

The Dream of You - Jo Saxton

I met Jo Saxton at the E-Women's conference in Roanoke in 2018. I purchased two books, and she signed this. Previously I tried to read this book but was put off by the forward. This time I skipped the forward, and was hooked, which is what I will recommend when I pass it to someone else.

Jo writes this book as a letter to the reader, looking to pinpoint various stages of life and how God meets us in those stages. She also highlights the importance of who you dreamed of being, and how to revive that dream God has input into your heart. After reading this I realized I haven't really dreamed in a long time. Why? Well, it seems that my dreams do not happen, and God seems to block them. Or is it me that has blocked the dreams and the consequences is that the dreams stay deferred? I'm trying to let my heart dream, but how do you dream without being heartbroken? Maybe you can dream without putting hopes into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment